RE: pinhole physics/chemistry book recommendations

From: Frederick Logan (frloganjr@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 11:05:44 PDT

From: "Frederick Logan" <frloganjr@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: pinhole physics/chemistry book recommendations
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:05:44 -0700

Hello Kelly,

I am a bay area educator who has participated in the new teacher institute
as well as other enriching programs. Currently, I am in the process of
relocating to the east coast (Mass or NY).

I love teaching science, just sick and tired of doing it in underfunded
districts and overcrowded classes. I was looking at the average student to
teacher ratio in both Mass and NY compared to California. What I found out
enraged me. The average student to teacher ratio in California is 29 to 1.
In Mass and NY it is around 15 to 1. We teach in the richest state in the
richest nation in the world and this is the best we can do for our next
generation. I don't want to rant and rave over what I cannot change. I just
want to teach science in a community that values education and shows it with
more than lip service and a pat on the back.

Do you know of any current openings for middle school science teachers
(preference for biology)?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Frederick R. Logan