Re: Computers in the Classroom

R and D Lohman (roaminlohman@telis.org)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:24:22 -0800

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:24:22 -0800
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: roaminlohman@telis.org (R and D Lohman)
Subject: Re: Computers in the Classroom

Dear Pinhole:

This is in response to the query about using computers in the science
classroom. I and a number of teachers in the Bay Area and around the
country are using computers with a software program called "Hands-On
Universe" in our physics, astronomy, physical science, earth science and
other classes. In my own physics/astronomy classroom I have my students
involved with image processing related to the astronomy topics which
naturally tie into traditional physics topics. My students are involved in
doing this at least 6 weeks out of the year, sometimes more. I will be
leading 2 weeklong summer workshops which introduce this software and the
curriculum and telescope access that accompanies the program. Feel free to
contact me for further details. Also check out our web page at
http://hou.lbl.gov.

Rich Lohman (roaminlohman@telis.org)