Experiment of the Week - Got the Red Green Blues

The Lahrs (john-jan@lahr.org)
Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:28:09 -0700

Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 11:28:09 -0700
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: The Lahrs <john-jan@lahr.org>
Subject: Experiment of the Week - Got the Red Green Blues

I've been getting the "Experiment of the Week" from Robert Krampf
for a year or so now and it occurred to me that some teachers or
students would probably enjoy being on his mailing list. Each
week the topic is different, but always interesting and easy to
duplicate. His latest Email message is repeated below.

John

>From: KRAMPF <KRAMPF@aol.com>
>Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:48:03 EST
>Subject: Experiment of the Week - Got the Red Green Blues
>
>Hello and welcome to the Experiment of the Week!
>
>This document may be distributed in any form, as long as there is no charge
>and my name and e-mail address are included. Please forward it to a friend.
>
>This Week's Experiment - Got the Red Green Blues
>
>This week's experiment is a little late, but I have a good excuse. I have
the
>flu. I have been lying here, sleeping and coughing, watching TV and
coughing,
>reading and coughing. Since I could not think of a fun experiment to do with
>coughing, I decided to do one on television.
>
>Look at all the colors on the screen of your television or computer monitor.
>There are millions of different shades and hues, right? Well, actually there
>are only three. Red, green and blue. To see this, you will need:
>
>a color television or computer monitor
>a little water
>
>Dip your finger in the water and put a small drop of water on the TV screen.
>Look at the drop. You should see bright red, green and blue in the drop.
The

--
* John C. and Jan H. Lahr             *
* john-jan@lahr.org                   *