another book

Kim Greco (kimg@sonic.net)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 20:14:33 -0700

Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 20:14:33 -0700
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: kimg@sonic.net (Kim Greco)
Subject: another book

I seem to be on a roll here, and I have to share books I love.
"Smithsonian Institution" by the inimitable Gore Vidal, is amazing!! What
if a young mathematical genius in 1939 developed time travel, working with
"dead" presidents in the Smithsonian Institution, to go back and make sure
Woodrow Wilson never became president? and what would that mean for the
atomic bomb? and what if this same kid was able to formulate an
anti-neutron bomb--one that melted the cities but left the population
alive?

Only Gore Vidal can tell you in his masterful way. An incredible book for
those who like science, political science, and surprises.