Re: Mainstreaming

Kirshen@aol.com
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:52:46 EDT

From: Kirshen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:52:46 EDT
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Mainstreaming

HELLO!
I've been taking a class this past week on mainstreaming. I have been trying
to think of ways to accommodate learning disabled children in my classes (labs
especially). This last year I had a few SDC kids mainstreamed into my room as
their first experience in regular ed. classes, but I didn't have much
understanding of what their needs were. My class on mainstreaming is helping,
but it focuses mainly on elementary school settings. Does anyone have ideas or
experiences on how to help these children have a meaningful experience in your
lab/class without watering down the curriculum to much? I would appreciate
some help. Thanks.
Amy