more summer opportunities

Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Wed, 19 May 1999 16:39:40 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: pinhole
From: loril@exploratorium.edu (Lori Lambertson)
Subject: more summer opportunities

Hello Pinholers,
My friends at Save the Bay's Canoes in Sloughs program told me on Saturday
that they still have space in their summer institute.
Spend a week exploring the Bay's watershed (from white water rafting in the
Sierra foothills to canoeing in the Bay).
When: July 10 - 16, 9 am to 4 pm most days
Cost: $150, includes a $50 non-refundable deposit
For: K - 12 teachers interested in the Bay
2 units credit available for an additional fee.
Call Amy Hutzel at (510) 452 - 9261 for more information or to sign up.

Also:
Environmental Educators Certificate Program
A training program for formal and informal educators designed to enhance
knowledge of environmental science, concerns, and skills for teaching
integrated, hands-on curriculum. Presented by Headlands Institute,
National Park Service and Dominican College in the Golden Gate National
Recreation Area.

Session 1 : June 28 - July 2
Session 2 : August 9 - 13
Cost: $420 per person or $370 per person if in a group of 3 or more from
the same school. Cost includes program matersial, room and board.
Credit: $180 for 4 units (getting credit is an option, and the cost of the
units is in addition to the program cost listed above).

You'll complete 4 units of the 8 required to complete the certification in
one of these sessions.

Some scholarship funds are available.
For more info:
Cleveland Justis, Education Director Headlands Institute
GGNRA, Bldg. 1033
Sausalito, CA 94965
phone: (415) 332 5771
fax: (415) 332 5784