Re: pinhole Re: frictionless ice

From: Steven Eiger (eiger@montana.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 11:35:20 PST

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:35:20 -0700
From: Steven Eiger <eiger@montana.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Re: frictionless ice

Julie, I am not sure of the thermodynamics professor's reasoning as to why
a20 molecule thick layer is insignificant. Is the thinking that this layer
gets pushed out of the way? Also, people can skate justt fine in colder
temperatures, wihout going to thinner skates, or at least I think they can.
Steve

Steven Eiger, Ph.D.

Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience and the WWAMI Medical Education
Program
PO Box 173148
Montana State University - Bozeman
Bozeman, MT 59717-3148