Re: pinhole Back to Explosive Bubbles

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@leadershiphigh.org)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 11:06:38 PST

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:06:38 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@leadershiphigh.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole Back to Explosive Bubbles

The cheapest/easiest way I've found to make oxygen gas is add a
spatula-full of yeast (baker's yeast) to 3% hydrogen peroxide (the
stuff you buy in the drug store)?

For hydrogen, the way that I make it is by adding 1 M HCl to excess
mossy zinc. Does anyone have a cheaper way of making H2 gas?

Cheers,
Geoff Ruth